Thursday, September 13, 2012

High Holiday Update

Shalom y'all!

I just wanted to take a minute to give you a quick update on the High Holidays.

1) Rosh Hashanah falls on Monday, September 17 and Yom Kippur falls on Wednesday, September 26.

2) YOU ARE ALLOWED TO MISS CLASS AS LONG AS YOU MAKE UP THE READING AND LET YOUR PROFESSOR KNOW IN ADVANCE. I have missed class for the High Holidays for the past two years and have never had a problem working with a professor to make up what I missed.

3) If you would like to attend synagogue on any of these days, there is a list of local synagogues (by denomination) on the right side of this blog. Most of these synagogues do not require students and graduate students to have a ticket to enter; all you need is your student ID.

4) If you would like to join a local family for a home-cooked holiday meal, please let me know ASAP. I will probably invite you to my house. If not, I'll send you somewhere awesome. I promise.

5) If you would like to do high holidays through the university, visit http://chaplaincy.richmond.edu/practice/jewish-life/high-holy-days.html or contact Rabbi Andrew Goodman for more information.

L'SHANA TOVA TIKATEVU!




No comments:

Post a Comment